851 California St, San Francisco, CA | Directions 9410837.791827 -122.408478
Neighborhoods: Chinatown, Northeast
not very shady....EXTREMELY SHADY – After living on my own since i was 18, im going to go ahead and say this is the worst place ive ever lived. and at one point def would have preferred the streets.
1. people WILL steal your food. theres nothing you can do to prevent it. taping it in 3 diff bags. they go through it. telling the "landlord" you never hear from them until rent is due. big surprise.
2. that security guard is a waste of space. within my first 3 months. the place was broken into at least 4 times. tv's been stolen. laptops. cameras you name it. i know the guard isnt there every night. but whats the point of having someone ride your ass if your sh*t still gets jacked.
3. SECURITY deposit. i had to wait OVER 40 days. CONSTANTLY calling before i get it back and guess what...its short. also the number on the website keeps going to a recording. oooo. fun huh. no one checked out my room upon my move out. which was REQUESTED. she cancelled. also. its against california law to take out money out of the security deposit for anything that isnt normal wear and tear. i left the room how it was given to me.
4. they DEFINATELY overcharge you. its not worth paying over 800 for a place where its constantly being broken into. people steal your food...the bathrooms?! dont get me started on the bathrooms. this place should be your LAST resort.
Very Very Shady. – hithere100's review is dead on.
DO NOT LIVE HERE.
1) "Refundable" deposit of 1 month's rent? You won't get it back, even if you keep requesting it. Even if your move-out walk through is spotless. CROOKED way of doing business.
2) Had my personal possessions stolen or thrown out by housekeeper on 2 separate occasions. Had to dig my belongings out of the trash and dumpsters behind building and retrieve other things of mine from HER (housekeeper's) room. NO LIE.
3) Dirty, Filthy, mold ridden bathrooms. At the end of my 15 month lease, I used to shower at 24 Hour Fitness instead of showering here because the shower was so mold-ridden.
The worst living experience of my life and I've lived in a ton of different apartments, coops, etc.
***MUST READ!!!****** After seeing my review on yelp, a girl named Helen contacted me on behalf of this business. She said they would put my deposit check in the mail to me THAT DAY if I agreed to remove this review. That was 2 WEEKS AGO and guess what?? NO CHECK.
851 California Street – I'm shocked to hear this.... Everyone that I have known has received there security deposits. The only time that I know of when security deposits aren't refunded is if there is a breach of contract or excessive damage to the property.
beware! – the landlord is extremely unreliable, and rent policies are sketchy. for example, the landlord charges inconsistent rates for the same room. rooms will be extremely overpriced if they think you have the money.
many of the tenants also never got their security deposits back.
while staying here, there was a security breach one night and there was nobody to report it to.
A bit of history for the budget crowd. – The Scene
This hotel was originally an apartment building. Constructed in 1906, it was destroyed by the Great Earthquake and Fire. Following restoration, it was turned into a residence club in the 1940s. For over 20 years it has been own by the Donahue Family who maintain the honorable goal of providing a respectable haven for travelers who can't afford luxury.
In-the-know tourists and students from all over the world flock to this place. While the guest rooms aren't luxurious, they are comfortable. Some share baths, while others include balconies with great bay and city views. The Financial District, Chinatown and Union Square are nearby. Rates are daily, weekly or monthly. The latter means a few long-term residents among the clientele. Payment is cash only.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of San Francisco Residence Club on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.