I am so Satisfied!. Many of my friends have gone through kitchen remodeling, and most of them describe it as a harrowing experience that drags on for months and months and involves shoddy work. My experience with Gilman
Saved us!. My husband and I bought a cute little fixer upper that we were going to remodel on our own, we very quickly realized we were in over our head. That's when we called Gilmans. They did a wonderful job and we are so happy with the end result!
Much Appreciated. It was great fun working with you to design our kitchen. You made the whole process painless and lots of fun! Your creative solutions to helping us achieve maximum storage capacity are very much appreciated every time we use the kitchen! We hope you stop by soon to see the finished product
Thank You So Much!. Thank you so very, very much for helping us to design the kitchen of our dreams! Thanks to your guidance and expertise, the kitchen came out perfect!
Customer service at it's finest.. I called Gilmans (who remodeled my kitchen a couple of years ago), and they connected me with Lucas Myer. He not only came out and looked at all my screens, adjusted several that had been installed incorrectly. He discussed locks and safety features with me. He took the measurements and had the screen built. And then he came out and installed it for me. He even brought some dowel rods and sawed them to fit my windows for extra safety! This guy is amazing. That is customer service at it's finest. Above and beyond the call of duty.
Great quality!. If you are looking for ideas for your remodel, go directly to Gilmans. The sales people are very helpful. I worked with Kathy Smith. She helped me select a vanity that is not only made in SF (Jensen) , will work in my small bathroom, and kept me within my budget.(met all of my criteria!). Kathy was very understanding as I made several visits to the store.
Will definitely go back for any services that we need.. We went in on a Saturday afternoon, looking for some info on cabinets, and was met by a saleswoman who was very interested in our business. She was very enthusiastic and forthcoming about pricing. Had no trouble finding the silver lining in the experience, and will definitely go back for any services that we need.
My bathroom looks beautiful!. My bathroom looks beautiful! They were always here when they said they would be. They were hard-working perfectionists that would not stop until the job was done right. The end result is absolutely beautiful and now we can't wait to have our kitchen done! These are the guys you want doing any remodeling job you have. No doubt in my mind. Thank you Gilmans Kitchens and Baths!
Best Remodeling company in the Bay Area. Gilmans offers both product/design only and full design/build. We used their design/build team for our kitchen and bath remodel. The coordination and customer service was fantastic. The job was on schedule and the quality of workmanship is the best out there. We used a standard contractor on a previous bathroom remodel and the difference between him and Gilmans is astounding. I would never go anywhere else. Thank you Gilmans for a fantastic remodeling experience.
Terrible experience with Gilman?s Kitchen and Bath Remodelin.
I cannot say this strongly enough: Do not use Gilman?s Kitchen and Baths! We had the most miserable experience with them, something I would not wish upon anyone else.
- Project was underbid 35% just so they could win our project (so it cost us ~35% more than expected to get the job done)
- Many details were agreed to during contract/pricing negotiation which they then ?forgot? they had agreed to when it actually came to doing the job.
- Workers were disrespectful of our home, breaking and damaging our things (and Gilman?s refused to pay for the damages)
- Their construction team was ok at doing woodwork, but completely incompetent in doing the plumbing (hmmm? they are called Gilman?s Kitchen and Bath, are they not??!)
- Examples: Our garage flooded due to their neglecting to close off a drain pipe over the weekend, completed shower had only cold water because the piping hadn?t been done correctly, completed sink was leaking due to pipes not being installed well
- The design-build manager is rude, arrogant, argumentative and very difficult to work with. She seems nice enough when they?re bidding the project but is a completely different person once the project begins
- The project started late for reasons they could never explain, and still took twice the amount of time they agreed to, to complete
- Construction crew was consistently late, missed appointments altogether and/or left the job early
- Lack of communication amongst project team and construction team
- Their workers were irresponsible with security in our home (our front door was found wide open one night when we came home. On another occasion, they lost the set of keys we?d given gave them)
- According to one of their staff members, they?re just not trustworthy. One of the construction workers told us ?I don?t trust Gilman?s?. And this is a guy who works for the company.
Awful experience all-around.
If I could give them Zero stars, I would.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!