The wine tours were extremely friendly and we were able to taste at some hidden gem wineries that we would not have been able to find on our own. Our driver, Billy, was very knowledgeable about the history of the wineries and generally discussed where we were going next as well as sights to see on the drive there. He provided water and great conversation during the day. Two of the small wineries that we visited had some of the best wine during our entire trip to Napa, plus their wine cost was significantly less than that for large established wineries.
If I could give 10 negative stars I would. Do NOT under any circumstance use this company. The service was beyond horrible. The driver had to be from beyond hell. Here's a recap of what should have been a fun Saturday wine tasting trip.
1) Should have known something was up with the driver asked to swipe the credit card upon pick up.
2) The freeway on ramp is literally around the corner; he takes the most scenic route through the neighborhood and gets on the freeway 2 miles back.
3) Sound system is shot, speakers blown. No bottle of champagne as indicated in the paperwork. Partition won't go up.
4) Driver is texting while driving. Driving so poorly the first spilled drink of the day not 30 min. into the trip.
5) Driver is texting and talking on the phone while driving. Driving so badly one passenger puts on their seatbelt.
6) At first stop driver does NOT open our door. What a tool.
7) Upon leaving first stop, next spilled drink due to erratic driving.
8) Driver again takes the most scenic (long) route to winery. The stops were provided at the time the reservation was made. Should have already had it mapped out.
9) Driver pulls into parking lot to ask another driver for directions to the second stop.
10) Passenger try's to help with directions, get's her head bitten off by driver.
11) Driver puts partition up. All power goes out in passenger area. Its 90 degrees outside. WTF? No air, no radio, cannot roll the windows down. Try to call driver THREE times on his cell phone, no answer. Start to bang on the partition. Driver pulls over.
12) Everyone get's out of the car. Informs the driver the winery is 20 min. in the opposite direction. His driving sucks, he's broken many states laws and has put us in danger. He tells us the trip is over and attempts to leave with our belongings in the car. He then stops and accuses us of breaking his car. He continues to threaten to leave. We gather our belongings and tell him to leave. Now the piece of crap limo won't start. Karma baby.
13) Get on the phone with limo company who are equally as lame as the driver.
14) Decline all charges
15) Driver gets car started and leaves.
16) Company calls back and says he just going to a mechanic to see what the problem is and he will come pick us up. I kindly tell him we are not getting back in the car with the maniac.
17) We call another company to pick us up and take us home.....so much for wine tasting.
And that was the SHORT version,
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!